Thursday, May 3, 2012

I clearly saw and understood, by the spirit of revelation manifested in me, that if I was to harbor a thought in my heart that Joseph could be wron in anything, I would begin to lose confidence in him, and that feeling would grow...until at last I would have the same lack of confidence in hes being hte mouthpiece for the Almighty.  Though I admitted in my feelings and knew all the time that Jospeh was a human being and subject to err, still it was none of my business to look after his faults...He was called of God; God dictated [to] him, and if He had a mind to leave him to himself and let him commit an error, that was no business of mine....Though he had his weaknesses he was all that any people coul drequire a true prophet to be.

-Brigham Young (Journal of Discourses 4:297)

Adventures of a Church Historian, Leonard J. Arrington (pg. 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment