Thursday, February 14, 2013

[The sacred word] is not a "special" word....It is simply a place-holder, the finger pointing at the moon of your intention...

After a while you begin to discover yet another added benefit of this sacred word: It will sometimes pop up even when you are not in Centering Prayer--right int he middle of your busy life--to bring you back to center when you find yourself getting agitated or ungrounded.  I can't recall the number of times I've been caught in traffic jams or airport security lines, my blood pressure escalating rapidly, only to have my word sweetly bubble up from the depths to remind me that every moment I'm actually here, I'm in the presence of God.

...the word itself is neutral.  It's your intention that makes it sacred.

Cynthia Bourgeault, Centering Payer and Inner Awakening, pg. 26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment